Information note on the processing of personal data
Collection and use of personal data by our company
The use of the information below
In the following sections, you will find explanations on how our company collects, uses and protects your personal data when you are treated at our premises.
These rights, which we present below, do not have an absolute title and are subject to exceptions. For any questions regarding the collection and use of your personal data at our clinic, please contact us:
- Monday-Thursday: 08:00-20:00, Friday: 08:00-14:00
About Data Protection
Our company wishes to clearly inform each patient about data protection. As in the past, we communicate transparently with our patients, therefore, it is important for you to go through this document in order to be informed on the topic of personal data protection.
By personal data protection, we refer to any personal data of a natural person that may lead directly or indirectly to the identification of that person, namely: surname, name, personal identification number, phone number, address and any information on location, online identifiers, email address, medical history, medical analyses, diagnosis, treatment plan, or any personal data regarding your health.
It is important for you to know that, in the context of collecting and using your data, on a technical level, all necessary measures existing within our society are implemented, so that personal data can be protected.
Our company will process your personal data for the purpose of:
1. Performing dental treatments
2. Information about appointments, the process of the treatment, or other details about the dental treatment.
Respectively, in the following you will find in detail how we use the data collected from you:
Surname and Name
- We use the surname and the name to schedule a new appointment at our clinic.
- We use the surname and the name to complete the health record, treatment plan, analyses and treatments made in the clinic.
- We use the surname and the name to conclude the contract that we sign with you to complete the dental treatment plan.
- We use your phone number to communicate your appointments both by phone call and by text message.
- We use your phone number to be in direct communication during your dental treatment performed at our clinic.
- We collect and use the email address in order to send notifications if you do not respond to other forms of communication, such as phone call or text message on your phone.
- We use your email address to send you the treatment plan and the treatment record and your payments made at the clinic, and to send upon request your x-ray records made at our clinic.
- We collect and use your home address to issue your tax invoice and to be able to differentiate in the database in case there are several identical names.
Date of Birth
- We use your date of birth in order to differentiate you in our software used for the database in case there is another patient with the same surname and name as you, and to adapt the treatment plan to your age.
- We collect and hold your medical history in order to have information about your general medical history, about the dental treatments performed at our clinic, so we can treat you.
- We collect and hold your retro-alveolar, panoramic and 3D x-ray records in order to be able to treat you.
- Your x-ray records (without personal information such as surname, name, or any indication of the person being treated) are used for educational purposes by our team at the university and for scientific papers.
- Your x-ray records, with the specific consent of our patients, are sent to a specialist for a second opinion on your health condition.
- Clinical pictures of your teeth are collected and used to offer you superior aesthetics and function within dental treatments that require collaboration with the dental laboratory. Pictures of teeth before and after the treatment are sent to the lab in order to evaluate the situation both aesthetically and functionally.
- The pictures of your teeth (without personal information such as surname, name, or any indication of the person being treated) are used for educational purposes by our team at university and for scientific papers.
- The pictures of your teeth (without personal information such as surname, name, or any indication of the person being treated) are used for our website and social media networks in order to present real clinical cases.
- Clinical pictures, with the specific consent of our patients, are sent to a specialist for a second opinion on your health condition.
- We collect and store information on payments made for the treatments performed at the clinic.
- If we received from you the billing data of a legal entity or physical person (personal identification number, unique identifier, trade registration number, company headquarters address, bank account, bank name, legal representative, function of the legal representative), we will use this data to issue the tax invoice and to draw up a contract that establishes the performance of a dental treatment plan at our clinic.
Sharing Personal Data
The company did not, does not, and will not share your data with third parties under any circumstances.
The storing period of your personal data
We will store your information as long as it is required by law. If there is no legal requirement, we will store them for as long as necessary.
How do we store your personal data
You need to know that if you do not provide personal data, we cannot treat you at our clinic.
You need to know that the personal data we have collected from you can only be accessed by our team and our dental technicians, with whom we work based on contracts containing confidentiality clauses, and in exceptional cases, only as the result of a legal request, by the Romanian public legal institutions.
You need to know that we have secured and encrypted all personal data in a MYSQL database.
We have specialized security teams that are constantly reviewing and improving the steps we have taken to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, accidental loss, disclosure or destruction.
Internet communications (such as emails) are not secure unless they are encrypted. Your communications may cross several countries before being delivered, as this is the very nature of the Internet.
We cannot be held responsible for any unauthorized access or loss of personal data that is out of our control.
We will never ask you to communicate your secure, personal or account information by an unsolicited means of communication. You are responsible for keeping your personal and account information secure and for not communicating it to others.
Our website may contain links to third-party websites. We are not responsible for the security and content of those third-party websites. Therefore, be sure to read that company’s data protection policy and cookies before using or providing personal data on their website.
The same applies to sites or content of third parties that you connect to in order to use our services.
You can choose to disclose your data in certain ways, such as social networking plug-ins (including those provided by Google, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest), or using third-party services that allow you to publicly post analyses or other information, and a third party may use that information.
You need to be aware that you have certain rights in the context of data collection and processing, namely:
- The right to be informed about how your data is collected and used
- The right to access the data we have on you
- The right to ask for the rectification of the data we have on you
- The right to ask for the deletion of the data we have on you
- The data portability right: you have the right to take with you your own data that you have communicated to us
- The right to ask to stop sending messages to you
- The right to object to the use of your personal data
- The right to request the personal data to be sent to you or to another operator
- The right to file a complaint about the use of your data to the competent authorities